Freestyle Pace Clock
"There are three kinds of swimmers: those who can count and those who cannot." -Tim Taylor, coach, swimmer, and founder of Black Line Swimming
The Freestyle pace clock is a truly awesome, world class pace clock suitable for indoor or outdoor use! Here are the highlights:
- 12" LED numerals (largest on the market for portable pace clocks!)
- Adjustable brightness
- Visibility of 100+ meters
- Removable carrying handle and 4" feet
- Syncs wirelessly with other Freestyle pace clocks
- AC powered version is standard, ~8 and ~12 hour rechargeable batteries are optional
- You can change the color of the numerals--red, green, blue, white, etc
- Comes with built in tripod mount, keyhole mounts, and 100mm VESA mounts
- Future functionality: Control your Freestyle Pace Clock from your phone! (The app is currently targeted for release in the second half of 2020)
- Future accessory: Heavy duty tripod
- 34" x 2" x 13" (L x W x H); weighs approximately 10 lbs without the battery, 11.5 lbs with the regular battery
**If you place a deposit, you will be invoiced for remainder before shipping**
- Q: What's up with the two different pricing options?
- A: Glad you asked! The list price of the Freestyle Pace Clock is $469. It's currently open for pre-sale, so you have two options:
- We're running a 20% discount during the pre-sale (which will go away once we start shipping to customers), so you can pre-order the clock for $375
- Alternatively, you can place a refundable 20% down payment now based on the full list price of $469 and we'll invoice you for the remainder when the clock is ready to ship
- Q: When will the clock start shipping to customers?
- A: We're currently on target to start shipping it to customers in Fall 2021/Spring 2022, though that could be subject to change--several of our manufacturing partners went out of business in 2020 and it takes quite a while to spin up new partners. If you order during the pre-sale, we'll keep you up to date as we get closer to shipping out the pace clocks.
- Q: I see future functionality and options listed in the product description, what's up with those?
- A: At launch, we'll have just the pace clock and the two optional rechargeable batteries. We're also working on a tripod that you can mount the clock on and an Apple/Android app that you can use to control the clock from your phone. We're expecting to start shipping the tripod in late 2021 and the app in early/mid 2022. The app will be free, by the way!
- Q: I'm suspicious, why is this so much cheaper than the competition?
- A: Ooh boy, there's a lot to unpack with this answer... :-) We have one mission, to design and manufacture equipment in the US at a price that's right for all. Lots of teams out there are priced out of the current market, so our goal is to supply anyone and everyone we can with modern, state of the art, world class competition equipment at a price point that won't break the bank, all while designing it and manufacturing it in the United States. We're a small team of lifelong competitive swimmers and coaches here at Black Line Swimming, and we've all faced instances where our teams haven't been able to afford new equipment due to the high prices out there. That's why we got started, to hit those price points and make world class competitive equipment much more widely affordable. When we started working on Black Line Swimming back in 2015, there was no modern LED pace clock on the market, just the same ones that had been sold for 20+ years. We started with a clean sheet design and came up with a thoroughly modern, truly world class pace clock that has useful features you won't find anywhere else, all at a reasonable price. Swimming is in all of our blood and we want to do our part to help grow the sport!
Product Photos Coming Soon!